Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Packing

Without my 'Tab' button working and the apparent lack of a indent buttong I am forced to start my first post without structure. So, packing. I started today, a whopping three days before I leave (and it's hard). I'm supposed to bring supplies for three months of my life, which would be easy if I was doing a traditional study abroad where I was at a University studying and living a fairly typical western lifestyle. But this is different. I don't really know what to expect from my program. There are two excursions from the city, and I will possibly be spending the entirety of my independent research project (ISP) in the Amazon. So far it's been a bring-everything type event. With an additional 50lb bag free of charge for my international flight I am not lacking in space, but I also don't want to be weighed down. I hope this suffices as a first post. I'm sure there will be more to come later. (fyi editing, an important step in blogging)

4 comments:

  1. Bring less stuff and more money is the advice I've always heard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good first post Elijah. Use the extra 50 lb bag to bring back some piranha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take lots of pictures Elijah! I'm looking forward to being jealous of all the fun places you'll be visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Late responding but thanks for the thoughts and advice guys! I'll try to get some pics up soon :)

    ReplyDelete